Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Badminton

After Cooper's nap, he took a bath and then Chris decided to let him pick out his outfit. He loves this shirt! He'll say "red church shirt". I don't know why he loves this "red" shirt out of all of red shirts but he does. He will ask to wear this shirt if its in eye sight.

Chris brought in from the garage badminton. This is Chris teaching Cooper how to hit the "birdie" with a racket.


Cooper really enjoyed learning this new game.


Cooper said, "Mommy play Bad-me-time?". At one point he started saying "bad game". He will say: "Play bad game?"




Cooper starting trying to "balance birdie" on racket.


When Cooper would get frustrated, he would say "I can't do it" and then "take a break" and put all 4 rackets and 2 birdies in his toy chest.


He wouldn't just put them in the toy chest he would close the top and then walk away.


Mommy note: I actually was amazed this was the way Cooper handled this "I can't do it". I have talked with Cooper before when he's throw his "toy" when he was frustrated. I was happy this was way Cooper handled this situation.

When Cooper was ready to end his break he would open the toy chest and get all 4 rackets and 2 birdies back out and begin again.


Night ended with one of Cooper's favorites: "pasta and green beans".

1 comment:

MMS said...

Uncle Richie could teach Coop a thing or two about badmitton. One of the guys who coaches soccer in Noah's program took a class with Richie at N. Greenville. I don't know how well Richie would do handling frustration, however . . .