Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cooper's "Classroom"

On Thursday mornings, I drop Cooper off in Barb's classroom. She teaches the 4 year old preschool. Cooper loves her classroom. Cooper will say: "I go to Barb's classroom?". On Thursdays I can say "yes" and Cooper will say: "Yeah!".


Cooper looking to see if there are any new books he hasn't looked through yet. He shows me one he likes.


Cooper starting to go through some toys.


New Heights is similar to Ben Lippen's teaching method: Christian based. I really love this! New Heights teaches Preschool-middle school. Barb's daughter Mercy was going to Ben Lippen but the tuition was just too much. I've asked Mercy how she likes this school and she said she likes it better. I have to say I really would love for Cooper to have an chance to attend New Heights. This picture has a bulletin board titled: "Bible Time". 4 year old's learn about people in the bible.


Barb's Christmas tree.


The theme for the 4 year old's: "workers". "For we are God's fellow workers." 1 Corinthians 3:9


I told Cooper I was going to have to go. He wanted to show me more.


I leave Cooper after a "kiss, hug and smile". I leave and hear Cooper looking though a new box of items saying "what's this barb?" and she would answer. Again, "and what's this Barb". Cooper is sponge in water.

Around 8:00 a.m., Barb will take Cooper over to the Mother's Morning Out room. I love this method she uses to teach "time". The top clock is the real time and bottom is the clock set to the next event. The picture of the event will go in the blue area and when the real time meets set time then the next event will occur.


I picked Cooper up and Barb said they spend lunch time in her classroom. Cooper enjoyed painting with some of the other kids. We painted some tonight too. Here he painted all 3 birds black. "Mommy, birds called black birds."


Are you having fun Cooper? "I love painting, mommy."


Painting Donald Duck yellow.





After drying...Cooper's masterpiece.


Upcoming Event...our church is having a birthday party for Jesus this Sunday! I'm so happy Cooper will able to understand even more what Christmas really means.

No comments: