Friday, November 13, 2009

Feeling Blue

This past week and half Cooper has been feeling sick. He's had the typical runny nose which started getting a little worse. This was a picture I took at the beginning of his days with his runny nose. Cooper was able to get his nap bag and pull out his favorite sleeping items. Cooper said, "mommy, I not sad anymore. I just tired."


I know the time change has been really hard on Cooper. He's been going to bed at the same time but waking up earlier. I know this lack of his normal sleep has caused him to feel run down as well.




I talked with Mary the day before they were coming to Columbia and asked her about what exactly it was called she had Noah taking to help boost his immune system.

I had spoken with Mary about this before and she wished she had started Noah on Sambucol, which is probiotic vitamins, sooner. Mary said she's noticed since Noah been taking Sambucol his runny nose doesn't progress to anything else. So, I bought Sambucol and started giving Cooper the day before Noah, Mary and Chris arrived.


Cooper runny nose continued through Mary, Chris and Noah's visit which ended Sunday. Sunday night Cooper woke up and he had a fever saying, "I'm sick, mommy.I need medicine." I was sad he was feeling so bad but somewhat happy he could voice with words how he was feeling. I gave him some Motrin for the fever and he stayed home Monday.

I didn't work Monday so I was able to watch after Cooper. His fever didn't get any higher but his activity level was low. Samucol can be taken 4 times daily and this is what we started. This is Cooper not having much of an appetite. Too sad but not for long...

No comments: