Wednesday, February 03, 2010

First Dentist Appointmet

Today was Cooper's first official dentist appointment. I wanted to take him before Lily Grace arrives and adds a little more goodness to our lives.


Cooper said, "first I need to play games". Cooper loves the video games at Dr. Nyland's office. He's used to being in the waiting room while waiting I finish up working.


I started off with Cooper in the chair but he said "no-mam" when I tried to clean his teeth. Julie walked up and asked me if wanted me to let her try. She has two older boys and said they acted the same way with her. I said that would be great if she could try. Cooper did great with Julie!


This is Cooper opening wide for Julie to count his teeth. He has 20 teeth!


Cooper wanted to see how the toothbrush worked.


A little unsure at first but willing, Cooper was okay with spinning brush his mouth. Julie asked Cooper what type of toothpaste he wanted: Orange, strawberry, grape or bubblegum. Cooper said "strawberry, I like strawberries".




Now for the rinse. "Mr. thristy and water."


Finishing with the top teeth.


Dr. Nyland checks Cooper teeth. No cavities!


Cooper getting a hug for no cavities and being so brave.


We've been practicing with Cooper's fingers showing him 3 fingers. Dr. Nyland was holding his three fingers differently that what Cooper was used to. That explains Cooper's face in this shot. Love it1


Bathroom break. Cooper holding his 2 balloons and bag with toothbrush and floss. He was able to pick a prize out of the treasure box. Cooper chose magic art dough.


Cooper said, "mommy look at my clean teeth". He's such a cute boy and sure do love him!

No comments: